The gaming industry is big business in the United States. It is not restricted to Las Vegas or Atlantic City: 19 states have casinos and card clubs of one form or another and 28 states have Native American gaming enterprises on Indian reservations or tribal land.
In any environment where such huge amounts of cash change hands, the temptation for criminal activity is enormous. Casinos must not only weed out applicants with criminal histories but also identify those who have exhibited risky behavior or relevant financial difficulties that might lead them astray.
The Gaming packages are designed to maintain standards that protect against potential fraud and theft. Searches include:
- Social Security Number Validation
- Social Security Number Trace
- Credit Report
- Previous Employment Verification
- Employment Eligibility Verification
- Education Verification
- National Theft Database Check
- National Criminal Search
- Statewide Criminal Search
- County Court Criminal Records Search